Tuesday, September 19, 2017

New Tools and Resources Page!!!

Today I spent some time creating a Tools and Resource page which I thought would be useful if anyone wanted to try and create their own automation projects.  I'll probably eventually get around to an about me page or something like that in the future.

But for today, I think it's more important to share some links to tools that are useful and point folks to the things that got me started.

--
In other news, the Google Freebie project is working, but it looks like qualified apps are slim pickings.  The Apple Freebie project though is killing it.  It seems to publish multiple times a day and makes me almost want to pick up an iPhone to check out some of these free apps.  You can see for yourself over here.

The Amazon Free Ebooks, doesn't seem to work at all.  Not sure which piece of the puzzle failed (probably the RSS feed generator), but I might go back and work on that one one day.

--
Upcoming Automation - I'll be building a simple web scraper which we're using in another project.  Then the upgraded version will include a sitemap crawler UI which will hopefully make it easier to run.  There's definitely already tools out there that do web scraping, but this should be a fun project all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment