Thursday, January 4, 2018

EvoWars v0.03 is NOW LIVE!!!

You can check out the latest release of EvoWars - version 0.03 on Kongregate.


This release was just published earlier today and I'm really excited about what I was able to build in the last month. 

While the release was delayed because of the holidays, I think it will be well worth the wait.

For a full list of updates/changes, see the EvoWars page.

The big update is that multiple units are now available.  You can upgrade three different beetles and deploy them on the battle field in game. 

You'll also notice that the upgrade screen has a few changes as well.  I've changed the upgrade system to be based on the cumulative number of upgrades a unit has.  This means as you upgrade one unit, it's upgrade cost will get more and more expensive.  As you start off the game, you may one to invest your upgrades into a single unit to get started and then as you progress start developing specialized units to help you in later stages.  I'll let you explore all the strategies this unlocks.

Balance changes - the big comment I kept receiving was that speed and reload were broken.  And so to fix that, I... 1) changed the upgrade increments for both; and 2) created a cap for each stat. 

All the upgrades have been rebalanced along with the enemy difficulty to make the game more challenging. 

What's missing? - I wasn't able to dive into the Kongregate API and incorporate the High Score and Highest Level stats.  I think it would be a huge win for the game if these were added in, but I just wasn't able to get around to it.  Yes, this cripples the game on the Kongregate side of adding an objective and achievements for players, but sometimes you just have to ship. 

I really wish I was able to include this feature in this release, but that's the way things go. I'm glad to have a playable game shipped out the door.

Since this is my last update for EvoWars for a while.  I hope you all enjoy it!

Cheers!
Alex

PS. If there are any new developments with EvoWars, you'll find out about it here on the iAutomated blog.  You can subscribe to updates for my blog by filling out your email in the 'Follow by email' box to the right of the screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment